How to mimic a user's browser session

Larry Bud

I've got some SQL data file of names/addresses that I would like to
import on a daily basis into the FedEx.com website's address book. If
you have a FedEx account (like our company does), you can manually do
an import of a CSV file.

I would like to eliminate manual intervention into this. We don't
signup for the FedEx software to run locally (which from what I
understand, they have an API to interact with).

So the only solution I can think of is to attempt to mimic a users
input by making HTTP calls to the site, but I really don't know where
to start with this, or if it's even possible.

So for example I would have to
1) go to the FedEx home page
2) enter a username/password
3) go to their shipping page
4) go to the address book tab
5) click on import
6) click on browse and set the filename, choose file type from the
drop down
7) click import now

Can I emulate this action from code? I would think I can since
everything boils down to an HTTP call, but is it practical?

DNB

I don't think it is practical....also what if tomorrow fedex changed there
interface, then again you need to rewrite new code.

Well good luck
DNB

Larry Bud

I don't think it is practical....also what if tomorrow fedex changed there
interface, then again you need to rewrite new code.

Well good luck
DNB

True, good point.