    The css and script are standard Spry Menu Bar function calls, automatically
    generated in Dreamweaver. We are using Dreamwear CS3.
    http://www.angelfire.com/pro/hollywoodhouse/SpryAssets/SpryMenuBar.js

    ACM, Aug 10, 2009

  2. ACM

    rf Guest

    <newsgropus not on my server snipped>

    An example URL containing heaps of advertisments and even a bloody popup
    which my browser fortunately blocked. Clutters everything up. Not a very
    good start!

    Do *NOT* use angelfire as a free web host. I for one immediately close my
    browser if I happen upon a site hosted there.
    My browser *does* have a view-source option.
    "standard" Spry Menu Bar function calls? What are they? And one does not
    "call" CSS.
    Ah, I see. Perhaps you should ask in a Dreamweaver newsgroup.Or a spry one,
    whatever spry is.
    All of that for a simple drop down menu? You can do that with a bit of HTML
    and a couple of lines of CSS. And anything beyond one level is IMHO a
    usability issue.

    Sorry if I seem a little harsh but the angelfire stuff startled me, and I
    haven't finished my first morning coffee yet :)

    rf, Aug 11, 2009

  3. ACM

    dorayme Guest

    Ah, I see. Perhaps you should ask in a Dreamweaver newsgroup.Or a spry one,
    whatever spry is.
    [/QUOTE]

    I took a quick look too but realised that any suggestions would likely
    fall on deaf ears if they were not ported through the eyes of DW... I
    have had DW for years but get an irresistible urge to close it as soon
    as it is fired up... how can one learn it if that happens? <g>

    dorayme, Aug 11, 2009
  4. ACM

    ACM Guest

    That is why I have expanded the css function call inline in the file.
    We saved the html file in text.
    http://www.angelfire.com/pro/hollywoodhouse/test-menu.txt

    also, this text file would not show any angelfire ad

    ACM, Aug 11, 2009
  5. ACM

    dorayme Guest

    Unfortunately, this text alone does not operate the dropdowns and even
    the background colour of the menu items are now green rather the
    original blue. There are quite a few complications with yours and ...
    wish I had the time to help...

    If you are wanting dropdown menus, simpler to my mind are the Suckerfish
    CSS ones which are easy enough to manipulate. Perhaps you might take a
    look at:

    <http://htmldog.com/articles/suckerfish/dropdowns/>

    dorayme, Aug 11, 2009