how to move items between one tree to another??

vijay

Hi,

Can we do something like we select nodes from one tree and when we
press a button like "Add" It will move that node with its parent node
to the tree to the right? Is this possible in Javascript. If so any
pointers..Also similarly we can remove items on the right tree. That
should remove node from right tree and add to left tree..

If this is not easy in Javascript. Any pointers to a JSP solution.

..Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Vijay

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

vijay said:
Can we do something like we select nodes from one tree and when we
press a button like "Add" It will move that node with its parent node
to the tree to the right? Is this possible in Javascript. If so any
pointers..Also similarly we can remove items on the right tree. That
should remove node from right tree and add to left tree..

Sure it is possible, with any programming language that can be used
client-side, preferably an ECMAScript implementation like JavaScript
or JScript. However, it is rather a matter of the DOM. Look into
Node::insertBefore() for the W3C DOM.

If this is not easy in Javascript. Any pointers to a JSP solution.

Try comp.lang.java then, where JavaServer Pages are on topic.

PointedEars

vijay

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am surprised that not many people look for such a control. I was
looking if some one has already implemented such a requirement.

Thanks for your pointers though. I would work on that.

Vijay