How to move items from one listbox to another on a client side?

bogdan

Hi,

I have two listboxes on a page and need to move items between them - using
buttons (e.g. "<<" ">>"). Can this be done on a client side in asp.net?
I'd like to avoid hitting the server on every add/remove.

Thanks,
Bogdan

bogdan

Thanks for the reply. Since I'm rather new to asp.net I think I
miscalculated what I could do on the client side. I have the code working
moving items between listboxes but have no clue how to pass items of one of
the listboxes back to the server. I could put a 'Save' button that would
post back to the server but I don't know how to pass the new set of items in
the listbox. The old ones are in the viewstate. Is there a way to do that?
I might try to select all items on the client side before posting back but
I'm afraid that this might not work because of discrepancies between old
items and selected ones (e.g. selected items were not present in the list
when it was sent to the client).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bogdan