    xx = latitude[int(self.id_number)]
    yy = longitude[int(self.id_number)]

    i want to pass the variables xx and yy to a different script called application. This script by calling it with import, automatically pop up a window.. I need by clicking the button that is linked with OnB definition to pop up the window from the other script as it does when i am running it alone and display lets say for example the variables xx and yy, how can i do it

    dimmaim, May 25, 2014

  2. When you import another script, you gain access to its functions and
    classes and such. All you need to do is write your function to take a
    couple of arguments, and then pass xx and yy as those arguments.

    I recommend you read and work through the Python tutorial - one of
    these, depending on which version of Python you use:

    https://docs.python.org/2/tutorial/
    https://docs.python.org/3/tutorial/

    It'll explain a lot of these sorts of things.

    Chris Angelico

    Chris Angelico, May 25, 2014