How to place web user controls in the correct position?

Guest

Hi, friends,

This drove me nuts:

I had two web user controls: header.ascx and copyright.ascx. I planed to put
them on each .aspx pages: Header on the top, and Copyright at the bottom.

However, I could NOT place them in the correct positions of the .aspx
pages. The header.ascx, copyright.ascx, and contents of .aspx kept OVERLAP
each other. For example, in the following .aspx, the two web user controls
and .aspx table overlap together.

<%@ Register TagPrefix="uc1" TagName="Copyright"
Src="../Control/Copyright.ascx" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="uc1" TagName="Header" Src="../Control/Header.ascx" %>
<%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="NewUser.aspx.cs" AutoEventWireup="false"
Inherits="mesc4u.Management.NewUserGeneral" %>
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<title>New User</title>
name="vs_targetSchema">
</HEAD>
<uc1:Header id="Header1" runat="server"></uc1:Header>
<TABLE id="Table1" style="Z-INDEX: 101; LEFT: 8px; POSITION: absolute;
TOP: 64px" cellSpacing="1"
cellPadding="1" width="100%" border="1">
<TR>
<TD>asdfasd</TD>
<TD></TD>
<TD></TD>
</TR>
<TR>
<TD style="HEIGHT: 27px">asdf</TD>
<TD style="HEIGHT: 27px"></TD>
<TD style="HEIGHT: 27px"></TD>
</TR>
<TR>
<TD>asdf</TD>
<TD></TD>
<TD></TD>
</TR>
</TABLE>
<uc1:Copyright id="Copyright1" runat="server"></uc1:Copyright>
</HTML>

I believe that using user control to replace <include> was a good idea. But,
if it did not work in asp.net, I would rather use other approaches.

Any ideas, reference papers? Thanks a lot.

Juan T. Llibre

Try it without grid layout and without absolute positioning.
Tables and absolute positioning don't get along very well.