how to properly embed windows media player

Sherm Pendley

richard said:
http://www.mediacollege.com/video/format/windows-media/streaming/

I got my answer here without all the bullshit answers from you so
called "experts".

Here's a news flash - if you search long enough, you'll inevitably find
another idiot who's willing to "help" you by telling you what you want
to hear, instead of what you need to hear. It's called the blind leading
the blind.
It's a little more complicated than using flash but if done correctly,
it works just fine.

How does it "work just fine" on my Mac, which has no WMP plugin
installed? With a standard anchor, I could view a .wmv movie in VLC -
with your supposed "solution," I'm out of luck.

This is your idea of "options?"
Eventually I'll figure out how to do this using various formats for
the different OS's as well.

Yes, I'm sure you'll eventually figure out how to f**k up other formats
too. Since you seem determined to keep as many people as possible from
seeing your content, why not simply take your site offline? That would
prevent *anyone* from seeing it, which is obviously your goal.

You remind me of an old saying - No one is so blind as he who refuses to
see. Well, I've got better things to do than try to educate someone who
doesn't want to learn. Welcome to my killfile, moron.

*plonk*

sherm--

richard

[...]

Wahhhhhhhh

As I do not have a MAC, how am I supposed to know mac users can see
the video at all?

Have you ever seen a website where it gives users the option of
operating system? No.

Why? Because html and others were written for browsers, NOT the OS.

My original question was directed at a specific media, NOT an
operating system.

Ari Heino

richard kirjoitti seuraavasti:
Have you ever seen a website where it gives users the option of
operating system? No.

Why? Because html and others were written for browsers, NOT the OS.

And still many pages recommend using this or that browser. Why?
My original question was directed at a specific media, NOT an
operating system.

More Windows media files can nowadays be opened with other tools
and plugins also, not just WMP. Thus you don't have to stress about it.
It's user's problem if (s)he can't open it i.e. doesn't have any capable
tool or plugin.

Chris F.A. Johnson

On 2008-11-13, richard wrote:
Have you ever seen a website where it gives users the option of
operating system? No.

Why? Because html and others were written for browsers, NOT the OS.

And if you do it properly, it doesn't matter what OS the viewer is
using. Why do you want to limit your audience?

Sherm Pendley

Ari Heino said:
richard kirjoitti seuraavasti:

And still many pages recommend using this or that browser. Why?

Ooh, I know! Because the authors are idiots.
More Windows media files can nowadays be opened with other tools
and plugins also, not just WMP. Thus you don't have to stress about
it. It's user's problem if (s)he can't open it i.e. doesn't have any
capable tool or plugin.

I *do* have a capable tool - VLC plays .wmv files just fine. I wouldn't
have a problem if Idiot Boy hadn't went out of his way to create one.

sherm--

Bergamot

richard said:
My original question was directed at a specific media, NOT an
operating system.

Um, yeah... *WINDOWS* media player. Not O/S specific at all. :-\