Flash mp3 player

Moo

I'm trying to embed a flash mp3 player on my website
(http://www.cafepress.com/sfclothing), I did post a previous message
regarding a windows media player one but I prefer the flash one and I
guess it'll have more compatibility with more people.

Anyway, what I struggling with is getting it to autoplay (eventually I
intend to have it pop up in it's own window so people can still browse
my site whilst the audio is playing).

Has anyone used this flash player before, if so can anyone shed any
light on how to get it to autoplay?

The tutorial I used to get the player going is:

http://www.macloo.com/examples/audio_player/

and the flash files come from:

http://www.1pixelout.net/code/audio-player-wordpress-plugin/

It's typically used for wordpress but as the tutorial above shows, it
can be used on any site. The 1pixelout site does say that there is an
autostart flag but I can't seem to get it to work. The html I used was
exactly like in the tutorial (having changed the urls)

I'll reproduce the code here (with original tutorial URLs):

<script language="JavaScript"
src="http://www.fakedomain.com/myname/audio/audio-player.js"></script>

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
data="http://www.fakedomain.com/myname/audio/player.swf"
id="audioplayer1" height="24" width="290">

<param name="movie"
value="http://www.fakedomain.com/myname/audio/player.swf">

<param name="FlashVars"
value="playerID=1&amp;soundFile=http://www.fakedomain.com/myname/audio/music.mp3">

<param name="quality" value="high">

<param name="menu" value="false">

<param name="wmode" value="transparent">

</object>

Any help is much appreciated!

Moo

Travis Newbury

Anyway, what I struggling with is getting it to autoplay (eventually I
intend to have it pop up in it's own window so people can still browse
my site whilst the audio is playing).

Let me be the frist to tell you that the autoplay idea is a bad one.
What if I am listening for music of my own when I get to play. See
what I mean?

Anyway, autoplay is a feature built into theSWF, who ever created it
decides if it will autoplay, and how it will autoplay.

Moo

Travis said:
Let me be the frist to tell you that the autoplay idea is a bad one.
What if I am listening for music of my own when I get to play. See
what I mean?

Anyway, autoplay is a feature built into theSWF, who ever created it
decides if it will autoplay, and how it will autoplay.

Well it would only be autoplay after the person has already click a
button saying 'click here to listen to sound' but I'll bear it in mind.

Travis Newbury

Well it would only be autoplay after the person has already click a
button saying 'click here to listen to sound' but I'll bear it in mind.

No matter, the functions of the Flash player are set by who ever
created it. Flash does nothing by itself, everything bust be
programmed one way or another in the SWF. So you have to find someone
that will do that for you.