How to reset the Netbeans configuration files??

Ramon F Herrera

I recently downloaded the JDK 1.6.0_21 and removed the old one
(1.6.0_18). Now Netbeans is confused: every time it starts, it asks:

"Cannot locate java installation in specified jdkhome:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_18
Do you want to try to use default version?"

That is getting pretty annoying and I worry that it may break things.

TIA,

-Ramon

Ramon F Herrera

I recently downloaded the JDK 1.6.0_21 and removed the old one
(1.6.0_18). Now Netbeans is confused: every time it starts, it asks:

"Cannot locate java installation in specified jdkhome:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_18
Do you want to try to use default version?"

That is getting pretty annoying and I worry that it may break things.

TIA,

-Ramon

It turns out I was looking in the wrong place. Instead of editing
files in my home directory, the solution is to edit the file "Program
Files\Netbeans\etc\netbeans.conf". There is a variable called
netbeans_jdkhome.

-RFH

Nigel Wade

It turns out I was looking in the wrong place. Instead of editing
files in my home directory, the solution is to edit the file "Program
Files\Netbeans\etc\netbeans.conf". There is a variable called
netbeans_jdkhome.

-RFH

The Java Platforms Manager dialog within NetBeans (Tools->Java
Platforms) will handle this. Add a new platform, remove the old one.

NetBeans supports use of multiple platforms, so you can have multiple
platforms installed and have NetBeans select which one to use.