How to see the full stack trace?

BlueDolphin

I have a program whose stack trace is too long. Mostly because of sun
ssl package. I just couldn't see where it happens, any way to walk it
out?
Here is the stack Trace:

Caused by: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: No trusted
certificate found
at sun.security.validator.SimpleValidator.buildTrustedChain(SimpleValidator.java:304)
at sun.security.validator.SimpleValidator.engineValidate(SimpleValidator.java:107)
at sun.security.validator.Validator.validate(Validator.java:202)
at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkServerTrusted(DashoA6275)
at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.JsseX509TrustManager.checkServerTrusted(DashoA6275)
... 20 more

How to see what's in the "20 more"?

Thanks

Sudsy

BlueDolphin said:
I have a program whose stack trace is too long. Mostly because of sun
ssl package. I just couldn't see where it happens, any way to walk it
out?
Here is the stack Trace:

Caused by: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: No trusted
certificate found
at sun.security.validator.SimpleValidator.buildTrustedChain(SimpleValidator.java:304)

Actually, you already have what you need. You need to understand how
certificate chains (back to the root) work before decoding this common
problem.
You're trying to access a site whose certificate chain doesn't include
one recognized as a certificate authority (CA) by your software.
The neat thing about Java stack traces is that the problem is typically
exposed withing the first ten lines...

Peter Davis

Caused by: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: No trusted
certificate found
at
sun.security.validator.SimpleValidator.buildTrustedChain(SimpleValidator.java:304)

at sun.security.validator.Validator.validate(Validator.java:202)
at
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkServerTrusted(DashoA6275)

... 20 more

How to see what's in the "20 more"?

All is explained at
<http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/lang/Throwable.html#printStackTrace()>

This

This is a "nested exception" -- note the "Caused by:" line at the
beginning. This means there would have been another exception printed
out at the same time as this one. The "... 20 more" is the part of the
stack trace of this exception that overlaps with the stack trace of the
other exception(s) that were dumped.

So to get the "20 more", just look at the last 20 lines of the other
exception(s).