how to use activex in wxpython with event support

wang xiaoyu

Hello:
i want use activex in wxpython program,but when i use MakeActiveXClass
an exception occurs.

this is my source code dealing the DICOM ocx.I must note that in this
program "hwtxcontrol" is a ocx developed my me use vc6,this ocx works
fine in wxpython.

but you can see i only change this ocx with a new DICOM ocx and set up
eventClass,

but the exception occure:

File ".\site-packages\wxPython\lib\activexwrapper.py", line 105, in
axw__init__
File "D:\Py22\lib\site-packages\win32com\gen_py\3A75EE8D-8E68-43FF-A90A-E4835B9A3DBDx0x1x0.py",
line 187, in __init__
cookie=cp.Advise(win32com.server.util.wrap(self,
usePolicy=EventHandlerPolicy))
com_error: (-2147220990, 'CONNECT_E_CANNOTCONNECT', None, None)

the ocx and the source code (in delphi) you can down at:

http://www.psychology.nottingham.ac.uk/staff/cr1/dicomcom.html

from wxPython.wx import *
from wxPython.lib.rcsizer import RowColSizer
import pywin.mfc.activex
import activexwrapper,win32ui

if wxPlatform == '__WXMSW__':
from wxPython.lib.activexwrapper import MakeActiveXClass
import win32com.client.gencache
import win32com.client
try:
import hwtxcontrol
hwtxocx=hwtxcontrol
#import ezdicom
#dicomocx=ezdicom
#dicomocx=win32com.client.gencache.EnsureModule("{3A75EE8D-8E68-43FF-A90A-E4835B9A3DBD}",0,1,0)
#dicomocx=win32com.client.Dispatch("ezDICOMax.ezDICOMX")
dicomocx=win32com.client.gencache.EnsureModule('{3A75EE8D-8E68-43FF-A90A-E4835B9A3DBD}',
0, 1, 0)
except:
raise ImportError("IE4 or greater does not appear to be
installed.")

class DicomControl(pywin.mfc.activex.Control, dicomocx.ezDICOMX):
def __init__(self):
pywin.mfc.activex.Control.__init__(self)
dicomocx.ezDICOMX.__init__(self)
def OnDCMmouseDown(self, X ,Y ,Button ,Shift):
print "DICOM ocx Click!"

class HwtxControl(pywin.mfc.activex.Control, hwtxocx.Hwtx):
def __init__(self):
pywin.mfc.activex.Control.__init__(self)
hwtxocx.Hwtx.__init__(self)
def OnClick(self):
print "hwtx click!"
class TestPanel(wxWindow):
def __init__(self, parent, log, frame=None):
wxWindow.__init__(self, parent, -1,

style=wxCLIP_CHILDREN|wxNO_FULL_REPAINT_ON_RESIZE)
sizer = wxBoxSizer(wxVERTICAL)
hwtxCtls=RowColSizer()
theClass2 = MakeActiveXClass(dicomocx.ezDICOMX,eventClass=DicomControl)
#theClass2 =
MakeActiveXClass(hwtxocx.Hwtx,eventClass=HwtxControl)
self.ie4=theClass2(self,-1)
self.ie4.SetSize(wxSize(300,300))
#self.ie4.filename="e:\\d02.img"
#self.ie4.palnumber=12
#self.ie4.state=1
hwtxCtls.Add(self.ie4, row=2, col=2)
sizer.Add(hwtxCtls, 0, wxEXPAND)
self.SetSizer(sizer)
self.SetAutoLayout(True)
EVT_WINDOW_DESTROY(self, self.OnDestroy)
def OnDestroy(self, evt):
if self.ie4:
self.ie4.Cleanup()
self.ie4 = None

def runTest(frame, nb, log):
if wxPlatform == '__WXMSW__':
win = TestPanel(nb, log, frame)
return win
else:
dlg = wxMessageDialog(frame, 'This demo only works on MSW.',
'Sorry', wxOK | wxICON_INFORMATION)
dlg.ShowModal()
dlg.Destroy()

overview = __doc__

if __name__ == '__main__':
class TestFrame(wxFrame):
def __init__(self):
wxFrame.__init__(self, None, -1, "ActiveX test -- Internet
Explorer",
size=(640, 480),

style=wxDEFAULT_FRAME_STYLE|wxNO_FULL_REPAINT_ON_RESIZE)
self.CreateStatusBar()
self.tp = TestPanel(self, sys.stdout, self)
EVT_CLOSE(self, self.OnCloseWindow)

def OnCloseWindow(self, evt):
self.tp.Destroy()
self.Destroy()

app = wxPySimpleApp()
frame = TestFrame()
frame.Show(True)
app.MainLoop()

i am a new python programer but i was really attracted by it elegant
code.i really want use wxpython as my framework,but if i cant use
activeX,i will have to change to vb:(

can you help me.Best regards.

sincerely

wangxiaoyu

wang xiaoyu

i have solve the problem.my solution is :since this activex(DICOM)
works fine in vb,and i know activex controls developed by vb works
fine in python,so why cant i develop an activex control which wrap
this activex(DICOM)?so i build a vb's activex project insert this
activex(DICOM) in it and delegate this control(DICOM) events into vb
control's event.

this activex developed by vb works fine in wxpython,MakeActiveXClass
works fine.

but i really dont understand why this method works,can you give me
some explanation?

best regards.

wangxiaoyu