How to use running ActiveX exe in another program instance ?

Mandhare Prashant

Hello,

I have Mapoint software installed on my machine.
Now, in VC++, I can use this mapoint application in my program as
below-

_Application mapapp;
_Map map;

if( mapapp.CreateDispatch ("MapPoint.Application")){
mapapp.SetVisible (FALSE);
map=mapapp.GetActiveMap ();
map.SetMapStyle (0) ;
mappointInstalled=true;
}else{
mappointInstalled=false;
}

But, the problem is that when I run multiple instances of my program,
it starts those many instances of mapoint. That is very resource
consuming.

Is it possible to check if an instance of mappoint is already running
& if so, use this running mappoint in next instance of my program?
Please suggest some solution.

Thanks in advance.

Jack Klein

[...]

C++ does not have ActiveX, or multiple instances either. These are
Microsoft specific extensions for Windows. Ask in
where the experts on such
things are.