How to use the Profile other than default

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Peter Afonin, Mar 3, 2010.

  1. Peter Afonin

    Peter Afonin Guest

    Hello,

    I'm making another attempt to find out how to use a different profile in the
    web application. I though it would be quite simple. but couldn't find an
    answer anywhere.

    All I need to know is how to call "i90ProfileProvider" instead of default
    "i90PartnerProfileProvider" in C# or VB.

    <profile defaultProvider="i90PartnerProfileProvider">
    <providers>
    <clear/>
    <add name="i90PartnerProfileProvider"
    type="System.Web.Profile.SqlProfileProvider"
    connectionStringName="i90Partner"/>
    <add name="i90ProfileProvider"
    type="System.Web.Profile.SqlProfileProvider" connectionStringName="i90"/>

    </providers>

    There must be the way to do this. For user it works just fine:

    MembershipUser user=
    Membership.Providers["providername"].GetUser("username",false);

    If there is a way to add a name for Profile Provider in web.config, then
    there must be a way to use it.

    Or I should do something entirely different to retrieve the user profile
    form another database?

    I would appreciate your help very much.

    Thank you.

    Peter Afonin, Mar 3, 2010