How to use multiple profiles

Peter Afonin

Hello,

I need to retrieve the user data from the different web application. In the
web.config I can specify different profiles, but I cannot figure out how can
I use it in the application. This is what I did:

<profile defaultProvider="i90PartnerProfileProvider">
<providers>
<clear/>
<add name="i90PartnerProfileProvider"
type="System.Web.Profile.SqlProfileProvider"
connectionStringName="i90Partner"/>
<add name="i90ProfileProvider"
type="System.Web.Profile.SqlProfileProvider" connectionStringName="i90"/>

</providers>

<properties>
<group name="AddInfo">
<add name="FirstName" type="System.String"/>
<add name="LastName" type="System.String"/>
<add name="CompanyName" type="System.String"/>
<add name="Country" type="System.String"/>
<add name="City" type="System.String"/>
<add name="Email2" type="System.String"/>
<add name="Encoding" type="System.String"/>
<add name="IP" type="System.String"/>
</group>
</properties>
</profile>

On this page I need to use the i90ProfileProvider which is not a default
provider and retrieves the data from a different SQL database using a
different connection string (i90).

I know that I can assign different providers to the login control, for
instance, but how can I retrieve the user data using C# or VB? I've tried to
play with the MembershipProvider class and some other classes - couldn't
figure this out.

I would appreciate your help.

Thank you,

Peter

Peter Afonin

I have figured out how to get a user using the non-default provider:

MembershipUser user=
Membership.Providers["providername"].GetUser("username",false);

Now all I need is to figure out how to tell the application to use the
non-default Profile provider, in my case, "i90ProfileProvider".

I thought this would be much easier than it is.