Howto find out any Ehternet Adresses in a Subnet?

Sascha Teifke

I need to find all NICs of a specific Vendor in my LAN.

I guess I can fetch them if I do a Ethernet Broadcast and
checking for the Vendors MAC-OUI.

But how can this be done using JAVA?

Thank you in advance
Sascha

Sudsy

Sascha said:
I need to find all NICs of a specific Vendor in my LAN.

I guess I can fetch them if I do a Ethernet Broadcast and
checking for the Vendors MAC-OUI.

But how can this be done using JAVA?

Thank you in advance
Sascha

Use the right tool for the job. Seriously, Java makes it all very
simple to perform most higher-level network operations. Heck, they
even have HttpURLConnection which makes 'web programming real easy.
For the low-level network stuff (MACs, ICMP, etc.) you need a low-
level language. C on *NIX is ideal for this. Java, OTOH, was never
designed for these machinations.
Suggestion: don't try to shoehorn a square peg into a round hole.