html newbie needing help with simple form

slinky

I'm using Visual Web Developer 2005 Express to put together a simple
email form. Some things are not working and was wondering if someone
could help my syntax. All I really need is a textbox and a submit
button. I probably have some capital letters that need changing to
lowercase for xhtml(?) Thanks!!!

<%@ Page Language="VB" %>

<script runat="server">
</script>

<head runat="server">
<title>Send Author An Email</title>
</head>

<FORM METHOD="post" ENCTYPE="text/plain"
ACTION="mailto:[email protected]">

<BR>
<BR>What do you want to write?
<INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="issue">

<BR>
<BR><INPUT TYPE="submit" VALUE="Submit">

</form>

JD

slinky said:
I'm using Visual Web Developer 2005 Express to put together a simple
email form. Some things are not working and was wondering if someone
could help my syntax. All I really need is a textbox and a submit
button. I probably have some capital letters that need changing to
lowercase for xhtml(?) Thanks!!!

<%@ Page Language="VB" %>

<script runat="server">
</script>

<head runat="server">
<title>Send Author An Email</title>
</head>

<FORM METHOD="post" ENCTYPE="text/plain"
ACTION="mailto:[email protected]">

Yikes. Did Visual Web Developer do that? If so, you should upgrade to
Notepad.

The Mailto: Myth
http://www.isolani.co.uk/articles/mailto.html