  1. C. Smith

    C. Smith Guest

    I am a web developer building html data entry forms that have a lot of date input fields (month, date, year) on them. I'd like to have a "popup" calendar that allows the user to pick the date using a graphical calendar interface. For example, the popup would show an entire month of dates and allow the user to scroll to different months/years, and finally double click on a date. The popup then closes and the date is returned (probably as a string) to the parent html page. Preferrably, 1) the source code for this popup is available, and 2) it is an Applet written in Java

    C. Smith, Apr 4, 2004

  2. If you want an applet written in Java, why are you posting to a JavaScript
    group?

    Mike

    Michael Winter, Apr 5, 2004

  3. C. Smith

    Matt Kruse Guest

    Assuming you actually want a javascript solution, not a java solution (they
    aren't the same thing) then you can find mine at
    http://www.mattkruse.com/javascript/calendarpopup/

    There are plenty of others out there - some are really bad and should be
    avoided, some are very ingenious. It all depends on exactly what you're
    looking for :)

    Matt Kruse, Apr 5, 2004
  4. JRS: In article <n9%bc.12089$>, seen in
    C. Smith <> posted at Sun,
    4 Apr 2004 21:32:03 :

    Please set a margin of about 72 characters when posting; it is the
    Usenet norm.

    Obviously a foreigner. Most countries use Y M D or D M Y; Y M D is an
    International, and even Federal, standard.
    It sounds very slow and tiresome to use in comparison with just typing
    Ideally, a Web developer would understand the difference between Java
    and Javascript; and have a spelling-checker.

    Dr John Stockton, Apr 5, 2004
  5. C. Smith

    Matt Kruse Guest

    Who cares what most countries use?
    Was the poster asking for advice about date formats? I didn't think so.
    Slow and tiresome for you, maybe. Others like to pick a date without having
    to take their hands off the mouse to use the keyboard.
    Ideally, posters to this group shouldn't be condescending assholes, either,
    but that doesn't stop you!

    Have a nice day!

    Matt Kruse, Apr 5, 2004
  6. I totally agree.

    Incidentally, I just stumbled on this discussion, thanks Matt for your
    most excellent Javascript Calendar. I'm using it here at work and I
    must say it's fantastic. It's about to save me a lot of time and help
    me make a deadline.

    Cheers,

    Chris Gutierrez
    email: gcgutier (at) hotmail (dot) com