(HTML Question) Giving a specific width for a frameset

lrantisi

I have a frameset desfined as follows:

<frameset cols="*,150">
<frame src="main.htm" name="main" frameborder="no" noresize="noresize"
scrolling="auto"/>
<frame src="rightToolbar.htm" name="rightToolbar" frameborder="no"
scrolling="auto" noresize="noresize"/>

The problem is that I can't find a way to force the width of the
whole
web page to be 800 pixels, where should I put the (width parameter).

Jukka K. Korpela

lrantisi said:
The problem is that I can't find a way to force the width of the
whole web page to be 800 pixels, where should I put the (width parameter).

No, the problem is that want to force the width. What has caused such a
serious problem?

Should you wish to make the problem more serious by actually trying to force
the width, then

html { width: 800px; margin: 0; padding: 0; }

would be a simple way to take that wrong step.

richard

No, the problem is that want to force the width. What has caused such a
serious problem?

Should you wish to make the problem more serious by actually trying to force
the width, then

html { width: 800px; margin: 0; padding: 0; }

would be a simple way to take that wrong step.

wouldn't it be better to style the main container division to 800 pixels?
That would force the size of the page to be the desired size yes?