HTML Question

Radu

Hi, I have the following:

<asp:label
Width="100%" Enabled="false"
CssClass="MySmallJustifiedText"
Text="<%$ Resources:Scorecards, String266 %>"
runat="server">
</asp:label>

<a
id="anchorSample"
style="font-size:smaller"
onmouseover="window.status='<%=GetGlobalResourceObject("Scorecards",
"String276")%>'; return true;"
onmouseout ="window.status=''; return true;"
onclick="javascript:anchorOnClick();"
href="Sample PIN Lists\EN Pin List Sample 1.xls"
target="_blank"<%=GetGlobalResourceObject("Scorecards", "String276")
%> </
a>

<asp:label
ID="lblSample"
Width="100%"
Enabled="false"
CssClass="MySmallJustifiedText"
Text="<%$ Resources:Scorecards, String275 %>"
runat="server">
</asp:label>

with

function anchorOnClick()
{
if (document.getElementById('hiddenLanguage').value == 'EN-CA')
{
document.getElementById('anchorSample').href = "Sample PIN
Lists\ /EN Pin List Sample 1.xls";
}
else
{
document.getElementById('anchorSample').href = "Sample PIN
Lists\ /FR Pin List Sample 2.xls";
</script>

which is rendered like this:

Your Excel PIN list MUST contain a column named "PIN". Optionally, you
can also add a column named "Group" to your list
(
Sample
) to facilitate the distribution of the scorecards when you will
receive them.

instead of

Your Excel PIN list MUST contain a column named "PIN". Optionally, you
can also add a column named "Group" to your list ( Sample ) to
facilitate the distribution of the scorecards when you will receive
them.

I can't find what provokes the newline before and after the anchor,
and how to get rid of it.

PS. The source of the page is this:

style="display:inline-block;width:100%;">Your Excel PIN list MUST
contain a column named "PIN". Optionally, you can also add a column
named "Group" to your list (</span>
<a
id="anchorSample"
style="font-size:smaller"
onmouseover="window.status='Sample'; return true;"
onmouseout ="window.status=''; return true;"
onclick="javascript:anchorOnClick();"
href="Sample PIN Lists\EN Pin List Sample 1.xls"
target="_blank"Sample
</a>
style="display:inline-block;width:100%;">) to facilitate the
distribution of the scorecards when you will receive them.</span>

Thank you very much

Radu

Sorry, mea culpa. Stupid question, elementary answer. I think I should
go home and take a nap... Again, I apologize for my question. Alex