    exercise just to get the hang of the technology

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks in advance !

    vaib, May 28, 2011

  2. vaib

    Gufo Rosso Guest

    Il 2011/05/28 14.13, vaib ha scritto:
    websocket

    Gufo Rosso, May 29, 2011

  3. vaib

    vaib Guest

    Websockets? Thats just one of the features! I was talkin about a
    project spanning all features !

    vaib, May 29, 2011
  4. vaib

    Gufo Rosso Guest

    Il 2011/05/29 10.02, vaib ha scritto:
    create a "simple" multiple room chat !!
    css3 javascript ajax

    or finance tiket

    Gufo Rosso, May 29, 2011
  5. vaib

    vaib Guest

    What's a finance ticket? I think I'd be interested in it since i work
    in the finance domain applications.

    By a multiple room chat do you mean something like - 5 users chatting
    and each is chatting to the other 4 ? Please explain.

    Sounds a little interesting !

    vaib, May 29, 2011
  6. vaib

    Luuk Guest

    another suggestion might be:
    - be more creative....

    Luuk, May 29, 2011
  7. vaib

    vaib Guest

    Thanks for suggestion Luuk !
    By the way, i do have creative ideas for other projects of mine. This
    one I don't want to be a creative exercise but a learning one.

    Thanks anyways for replying.

    vaib, May 30, 2011
  8. vaib

    Luuk Guest

    ok,
    i meant,
    Be creative in defining your project,
    not in solving it

    So, when you defined you project,
    dont change it until you created the solution

    My main problem is always that projects dont get finished because i'm
    too quickly satisfied by the, not complete, results.... ;)

    Luuk, May 30, 2011
  9. vaib

    justaguy Guest

    Probably start with one that would create some clear Value for
    stakeholders. For instance, an app, that would eventually be able to
    tell us if more web users have more than 1 browser installed on his/
    her computer.

    This information would be important to many web app and site
    developers.

    justaguy, May 30, 2011
  10. vaib

    RobG Guest

    Assuming that the OP wishes to run their project in a browser as a web
    application (which is the presumption here unless stated otherwise),
    it is unlikely that a javascript program will ever be able to do that.
    And even if it could, it's pointless as the results don't tell "web
    app and site developers" anything they can't learn from their server
    logs about which browsers are actually being used to visit their site
    (even allowing for the vaguaries of such statistics).

    I have 6 browsers installed on the PC I'm using now. I use one 99.9%
    of the time for web browsing, the others are for testing and
    miscellaneous tasks.

    On the plus side, it would take some creative thinking to find uses
    for "most\all features of HTML5" in such an application if it *was*
    possible.

    RobG, May 31, 2011
  11. vaib

    justaguy Guest

    I didn't say using javascript alone to create such an app, btw, any
    web app would require UI including some client side js, server side
    programming and most likely back-end storage (db)...

    justaguy, May 31, 2011
  12. vaib

    MC Guest

    Assuming that the OP wishes to run their project in a browser as a web
    I have such a component for IE 7+ that will tell you most of the browsers,
    Flash, versions, etc, AND how often they are used. Looking for a way to
    market it. ;)

    MC, May 31, 2011
  13. vaib

    RobG Guest

    Based solely on HTML, javascript and CSS in a browser? And it works in
    Iceweasel?

    RobG, Jun 1, 2011