HTTPModule breaks debugging. Help!

musosdev

Hi guys

I'm working on a web app in VS2005 (.net 2.0.50727). All is working fine,
except when I add a HTTPModule to my web.config file, as follows...

<httpModules>
<add name="UrlRewrite" type="UrlRewrite" />
</httpModules>

If I do that, I get a really huge dialog box which basically says "Unable to
start debugging on the web server" followed by the page code of one of the
"Server error in application" pages. However, it's so long, I can't see what
that error is.

My HTTPModule compiles fine, and all code / vs / webserver is the same
machine.

I'm sure it's something silly, but I've no idea what...?!

Help appreciated, thanks!

Dan

musosdev

No rewriting occurs, I've commented out all the rewrite code, and still the
act of adding the HTTPModule in web.config breaks debugging. :(

.............?

gerry

can you run it without debugging ?

musosdev said:
No rewriting occurs, I've commented out all the rewrite code, and still
the
act of adding the HTTPModule in web.config breaks debugging. :(

............?

musosdev

Hi Gerry,

I can run it without debugging. That gave me a proper error message, which
was in fact very helpful.

Apparently, the way the web.config works has changed in relation to IIS7
(I'm running on Vista).

Adding the UrlRewrite module in the <server.webServer> section as seems to
have cured the problem.

Thanks,

Dan