HTTPModule does not run

Erik Cruz

Hi.

I wrote an HTTPModule to log errors from my application. The component works
well on all the development machines running Windows XP or Windows 2000 and
VS.NET 2003. When I run the application on the server, a Windows 2003 box,
the HTTPModule does not run. If I change the component to a simple dll and
call its methods directly, the code works ok. As soon as I change the
component back to an HTTPModule it stops working on the server. Is there any
type of configuration needed for this kind of component to work on Windows
2003?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Erik Cruz

Brock Allen

Well, that is not a lot of info to go on. Have you configured it in the <httpModules>
section of web.config?

Erik Cruz

Hi Brock.

Yes, it is configured on Web.config at the <httpModules> section. As I said,
the component works very well on the development machines but not on the
Windows 2003 server.

Thanks,
Erik Cruz

Brock Allen

Hmm, make sure that it's configured in the root web.config of your application
in IIS. The <httpModules> section is not considered in lower web.config files
(IOW, web.config files ina subdirectory of your app). Other than that, I
can't think of anything else. GL.