    can I find a sample of how to do it, nor can I figure it out. Can
    someone please present an example or link to such?

    Thanks!

    MC, Jan 28, 2012

  2. Please do not feed the troll (adjust your score-/killfile instead).

    F'up2 where it belongs

    PointedEars

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Jan 28, 2012

  3. MC

    Tim Streater Guest

    In fact that's all I ever use.

    See:

    <http://www.clothears.org.uk>

    Tim Streater, Jan 29, 2012
  4. It is the person who started calling long-time contributors to this
    newsgroup names (literally), while *pretending* to not know. As that
    was obviously not obvious to some rather naive people (like you), I have
    attempted to point out the history of the OP. As for "legitimate JS
    related question": you can't be serious.

    PointedEars

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Jan 29, 2012
  5. MC

    MC Guest

    Stefan,

    I'm trying to clear up the browser mixed-mode error in the URL. The page
    is delivered via Https and all of the resources are relative addressed
    including the XmlHttpsRequest. The research I done seems to suggest I
    need to do an explicit Https XmlHttpsRequest to resolve the error.

    This is what I'm using for my XmlHttpsRequest:
    myXmlHttpRequest.open("POST", "/ws/webserviceXYZ.jsp");
    myXmlHttpRequest.onreadystatechange = myResponse;
    myXmlHttpRequest.send(myPostData);

    I do not want to do the following as the domain is different in testing,
    production, and in affiliate modes:
    myXmlHttpRequest.open("POST",
    "https://www.mydomain.com/ws/webserviceXYZ.jsp");

    From what you posted, the XmlHttpRequest should be defaulting to Https
    since the page was accessed from it. Chrome is complaining it is not
    though. Any help is greatly appreciated as I am not a troll. Pointy-ears
    just does not like it when one of the lesser JS smart people vocalize
    their disappointment in his depredations on their skills and character.

    MC

    MC, Jan 30, 2012
  6. MC

    MC Guest

    Tim,

    Yes Stefan pointed this out but in the example I replied to, Chrome does
    not seem to be doing this.

    Thank you,
    MC

    MC, Jan 30, 2012
  7. MC

    MC Guest

    Who is the troll?

    Me who asks a question - or you who waits under the JS bridge, waiting
    for some poor unsuspecting soul to cross, and have you jump on them
    spewing your greatness and chewing them out for not being as smart as you.

    I would just really like to ask questions of the group and have you not
    respond AT ALL but hey its the Internet and if you want to troll I guess
    you will. ...and what is up with the alt pony thing? You are WEIRD!

    MC, Jan 30, 2012
  8. MC

    Scott Sauyet Guest

    Children, children! Play nicely together!

    Mica, stop calling Thomas names. Thomas, stop calling Mica names.

    Now run along and behave!

    -- Scott

    Scott Sauyet, Jan 31, 2012
  9. MC

    MC Guest

    FYI,

    I found it. Chrome apparently complains if an unsecure request is made
    on another page and doesn't really discriminate because its the same
    site...kind of strange I think as almost all sites make use of public
    non-secure and private secure pages.

    MC, Feb 2, 2012