Hyperterminal and java communication to Serial port COM1

Discussion in 'Java' started by lrantisi, Feb 15, 2007.

  1. lrantisi

    lrantisi Guest

    I use the hyperterminal to communicate and send commands to serial
    port COM1.
    On the hyperterminal window, I used to type such a command:

    AT+ZV SPPCONNECT.......

    This command is sent to the device connected to the COM1 port.

    Now I want to cancel the hyperterminal, and sue a Java program.
    I used the javax.comm library to build a java application that
    communicates with the COM1 port.

    Inside that program, I connected to the COM1 port. How do I send that
    text command from inside the java program to the COM1 port. There is a
    method called (send) inside the (serialport) class, do I just say:

    serialport.send "AT+ZV SPPCONNECT.......".

    I mean, is sending text commands through the hyperterminal simply
    equivalent to sending those text commands to the COM1 port using the
    java application described above.

    Now: Is sending the text command to the COM1

    lrantisi, Feb 15, 2007

  2. It seems you are referring to the examples given at
    This is not even syntactically correct (hence I assume you are still a
    very beginner in Java). It will be probably more like
    OutputStream outputStream = serialPort.getOutputStream();
    outputStream.write("AT+ZV SPPCONNECT.......".getBytes());
    outputStream.flush();
    I suppose so (although I have no practical experience with javax.comm).
    But using javax.comm is not only about sending bytes. It is also about
    waiting for responses (and that is probably the more difficult part).
    Be warned: Before you will have any chance for mastering the javax.comm
    package, there is much work for you to prepare the basics:
    (1) Learn the Java language (the syntax and concepts)
    (2) Learn the basic Java classes (like OutputStream)
    (3) Read the API docs at
    http://java.sun.com/products/javacomm/reference/api/index.html

    Thomas Fritsch, Feb 15, 2007

  3. lrantisi

    ashishkhadpe

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    How i can transfer voice during call from phone to PC?

    I am doin 1 project on "langauge translation on mobile phones". i want to transfer the conversation goin on btwn 2 people to PC either using GSM(i.e. COM port) or using Bluetooth how i can do ths??

    ashishkhadpe, Apr 15, 2011