I like the new ruby-doc.org!

James Edward Gray II

Hadn't seen this mentioned here, so just wanted to say that I feel
the new front page of ruby-doc.org is significantly more attractive.
Nice work!

James Edward Gray II

P.S. Minor, minor, minor complaint (feel free to ignore): For some
reason my reflexes believe core should be on the left and the
standard library on the right. I keep clicking the wrong one... :)

David Balmain

Hadn't seen this mentioned here, so just wanted to say that I feel
the new front page of ruby-doc.org is significantly more attractive.
Nice work!
+1

James Edward Gray II

P.S. Minor, minor, minor complaint (feel free to ignore): For some
reason my reflexes believe core should be on the left and the
standard library on the right. I keep clicking the wrong one... :)

+1

I also think it would make more sense to newbies. But as James says,
it's a minor issue.

Matthew J Desmarais

Hadn't seen this mentioned here, so just wanted to say that I feel
the new front page of ruby-doc.org is significantly more attractive.
Nice work!

James Edward Gray II

P.S. Minor, minor, minor complaint (feel free to ignore): For some
reason my reflexes believe core should be on the left and the
standard library on the right. I keep clicking the wrong one... :)

Absolutely! I was pleasantly surprised to find the new look when I paid
ruby-doc a visit today. When did this happen?

Funny thing about the minor complaint: I had the same reaction. I'm
always horrified by reminders of what a creature of habit I've become.

gwtmp01

P.S. Minor, minor, minor complaint (feel free to ignore): For
some reason my reflexes believe core should be on the left and the
standard library on the right. I keep clicking the wrong one... :)
This was my first thought also. If it had always been that way I might
not have noticed but it is now the opposite of the previous layout.

Thanks for making this site available.

Gary Wright

Joe Van Dyk

Absolutely! I was pleasantly surprised to find the new look when I paid
ruby-doc a visit today. When did this happen?

Funny thing about the minor complaint: I had the same reaction. I'm
always horrified by reminders of what a creature of habit I've become.

I did the exact same thing. I clicked on standard library when I
really wanted core api.

Gregory Brown

Hadn't seen this mentioned here, so just wanted to say that I feel
the new front page of ruby-doc.org is significantly more attractive.
Nice work!

Yes... Very cool!
P.S. Minor, minor, minor complaint (feel free to ignore): For some
reason my reflexes believe core should be on the left and the
standard library on the right. I keep clicking the wrong one... :)

Agreed.

James Britt

Matthew said:
Absolutely! I was pleasantly surprised to find the new look when I paid
ruby-doc a visit today. When did this happen?
Sunday.

Funny thing about the minor complaint: I had the same reaction. I'm
always horrified by reminders of what a creature of habit I've become.

But habits matter. I hadn't thought about that, but now that it's been
mentioned, switching them makes sense. (I rarely go through the main
page for the API docs, so the reversing didn't trigger any alarms for me.)

And thanks, all, for the compliments. Real thanks for the look should
go to Dan Ritz of 30 Second Rule, though.

There are a few issues I'm working to correct, but if you find stuff
(broken links, awkward layout, general weirdness) please let me know.

gabriele renzi

James Edward Gray II ha scritto:
Hadn't seen this mentioned here, so just wanted to say that I feel the
new front page of ruby-doc.org is significantly more attractive. Nice
work!

James Edward Gray II

+1, it took some time but the result is really nice, thanks to James Britt!

Maxwell Heidegger

------=_Part_20006_898883.1138176175160

very cool, indeed.

Is this site built with RoR? Could not tell from netcraft as it reports:

Apache/1.3.27 Unix Red-Hat/Linux mod_fastcgi/2.4.2 FrontPage/5.0.2.2623
mod_ssl/2.8.12 OpenSSL/0.9.6b DAV/1.0.3 mod_perl/1.26

Phil Tomson

------=_Part_20006_898883.1138176175160

very cool, indeed.

Is this site built with RoR? Could not tell from netcraft as it reports:

Apache/1.3.27 Unix Red-Hat/Linux mod_fastcgi/2.4.2 FrontPage/5.0.2.2623
mod_ssl/2.8.12 OpenSSL/0.9.6b DAV/1.0.3 mod_perl/1.26

Nope, not RoR. It says on the page (lower right-hand side) that it's powered
by Nitro.

Phil

Michael Fellinger

Hehe, look at the bottom of the page ^^

Eric Jacoboni

James Edward Gray II said:
P.S. Minor, minor, minor complaint (feel free to ignore): For some
reason my reflexes believe core should be on the left and the
standard library on the right. I keep clicking the wrong one... :)

+1

The link to the pickaxe is broken, too.

Damphyr

James said:
But habits matter. I hadn't thought about that, but now that it's been
mentioned, switching them makes sense. (I rarely go through the main
page for the API docs, so the reversing didn't trigger any alarms for me.)

And thanks, all, for the compliments. Real thanks for the look should
go to Dan Ritz of 30 Second Rule, though.

There are a few issues I'm working to correct, but if you find stuff
(broken links, awkward layout, general weirdness) please let me know.
Yeap, let me add my +1 and congrats for the new layout.
I also tricked myself with the core/standard link placement.
I've been meaning to bookmark the direct links, but somehow I always
seem to go through the main page :)
George must be happy to see the powered by Nitro sign :)
V.-
--
http://www.braveworld.net/riva

Alan Garrison

James said:
Hadn't seen this mentioned here, so just wanted to say that I feel the
new front page of ruby-doc.org is significantly more attractive. Nice
work!

James Edward Gray II

Agreed, it looks great!

[obligatory] Anyone have any idea when www.ruby-lang.org will get the
facelift that was designed a while ago [/obligatory]

Martin DeMello

James Britt said:
And thanks, all, for the compliments. Real thanks for the look should
go to Dan Ritz of 30 Second Rule, though.

Thanks to both of you, then :) Very nice work.
There are a few issues I'm working to correct, but if you find stuff
(broken links, awkward layout, general weirdness) please let me know.

Not so much nitpicking as whining, but it'd be nice if the boxes around
the various categories remained after zapping the background colour.

martin

James Britt

Alan said:
Agreed, it looks great!

Thanks. (And thank my partners at 30 Second Rule.)
[obligatory] Anyone have any idea when www.ruby-lang.org will get the
facelift that was designed a while ago [/obligatory]

Trust me, this always takes longer than you expect. Especially when
it's something that gets done "when you have free time."

James Britt

Martin said:
Thanks to both of you, then :) Very nice work.

Not so much nitpicking as whining, but it'd be nice if the boxes around
the various categories remained after zapping the background colour.

Zapping? As in using a Firefox thingy to clear colors?

If I edit the CSS (though Firefox) and remove the background color, I
still see the boxes. But not if I do a 'zap colors'. That seems to
make sense, though.

Alan Garrison

James said:
Alan said:
[obligatory] Anyone have any idea when www.ruby-lang.org will get the
facelift that was designed a while ago [/obligatory]

Trust me, this always takes longer than you expect. Especially when
it's something that gets done "when you have free time."

Sure -- Is it just a time-to-deploy issue or is there additional work
that needs to be done for this? (As far as being able for others to
volunteer some time/code)