I need multiple imports

Monique Y. Mudama

That is, my name, written "Oliver" is vaguely pronounced like
"Oh El Eye Vee Ee Er". I looked around for other writings and
realized that this trick seemed to work in general, as I could
deduce the meaning of other words (e.g. "Es Tee Oh Pee" or
styopi, which sounds like "Stop").

I told my mom I figured out how to read, so she gave me a
newspaper and told me to read it. I couldn't. Apparently, the
first word of the article heading started with "Thr..." and I
was completely stumped as to what English word sounded like "Tee
Aich Are etc...".

That just seems so unfair!

Oliver Wong

Monique Y. Mudama said:
That just seems so unfair!

If you're accusing my mom of some form of cruelty, to her defense, I
think she was not aware of what technique I was using to read. She just
happened to have a newspaper nearby, so when I asked her for something to
read to demonstrate my newly acquired skill, that's what she grabbed.

- Oliver

Monique Y. Mudama

If you're accusing my mom of some form of cruelty, to her
defense, I think she was not aware of what technique I was using
to read. She just happened to have a newspaper nearby, so when I
asked her for something to read to demonstrate my newly acquired
skill, that's what she grabbed.

No, I don't mean your mom was being mean. It's unfair that you got
the general idea right, and the specific example happened to be a
special case you couldn't possibly have known about.

Maybe I needed a smiley on my sentence.