I need some help

rcoco

Hi,

I have this Datagrid and it's very long It's actually ment to update.
so I want to simplify the work for the users instead of scrolling
manually, I made a button and textBox so that the user can insert the
name and on the pressing a button it selects the row that is supposed
to be edited. could someone help me?
Thanks

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

One good approach is to have a separate panel with the updatable fields in
the panel. You can allow the user to select from a dropdown which row they
intend to update. You can pull the entire list of the datagrid column by
adjusting your query. That way the user doesn't scroll, she simply picks the
row she wants to edit and it is loaded for her to work on.