Identify Palm or Blackberry

William LaMartin

Does anyone have a method of determining if a visitor to a web page is using
a Palm or Blackberry mobile device?

With the code below, I can easily identify a Window CE, Pocket PC or Window
Mobile device, but am having trouble with the Palm.

My problem is that for those individuals I know who use Palms to access the
Internet, their browser is called Blazer and it returns an operating system
of Win98 and a browser of IE--hardly anything that identifies the device as
a Palm or mobile. The IsMobileDevice below does not detect the Palm either.
My Blackberry tester has not yet responded to me whether he is redirected
properly or what sort of browser or OS information is produced.

Dim temp As String = LCase(Request.Browser.Platform)
If InStr(temp, "wince") > 0 Then 'WinCE
'send them to the appropriate page for mobile
Server.Transfer("ppcDefault.aspx")
Else
'send them to a normal page
End If

If Request.Browser("IsMobileDevice") = True Then