IDLE gripe and question

Dick Moores

I have IDLE 1.2.1, on Win XP, Python 2.5.1.

The first time I use File | Open to open a script, the Open dialogue
box always opens at E:\Python25\Lib\idlelib. Most of the scripts I
want to access are in E:\PythonWork. There doesn't seem to be a way
to change the default folder to E:\PythonWork, but is there?

Thanks,

Dick Moores

================================
UliPad <<The Python Editor>>: http://code.google.com/p/ulipad/

Mensanator

I have IDLE 1.2.1, on Win XP, Python 2.5.1.

The first time I use File | Open to open a script, the Open dialogue
box always opens at E:\Python25\Lib\idlelib. Most of the scripts I
want to access are in E:\PythonWork. There doesn't seem to be a way
to change the default folder to E:\PythonWork, but is there?

First, find the shortcut that lauches IDLE.

On my Vista system it's in
C:\Program Data\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Python 2.5

XP will be different, I think there're start menu directories under
each user and a default one.

Anyway, once you have the shortcut (mine was named IDLE (Python GUI)),
right-click and select Properties.

There's a property attribute labeled Start In.
Set that to the directory where your scripts are.
The menu Open will now default to that directory.

Mine is C:\Python25\user, a directory I created after
installing Python.

Gabriel Genellina

First, find the shortcut that lauches IDLE.

On my Vista system it's in
C:\Program Data\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Python 2.5

XP will be different, I think there're start menu directories under
each user and a default one.

That's the way to go. But note that you don't have to find where the
shortcut lives: just navigate to the desired menu item in the Start menu,
right-click on it and select Properties.

Dick Moores

First, find the shortcut that lauches IDLE.

On my Vista system it's in
C:\Program Data\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Python 2.5

XP will be different, I think there're start menu directories under
each user and a default one.

Anyway, once you have the shortcut (mine was named IDLE (Python GUI)),
right-click and select Properties.

There's a property attribute labeled Start In.
Set that to the directory where your scripts are.
The menu Open will now default to that directory.

Yes! That did it.

Thanks!

Dick Moores

UliPad <<The Python Editor>>: http://code.google.com/p/ulipad/