IDLE with python 2.5

eastier

Hi,

I've just read in Python 2.5 description that IDLE 'executes code in a
separate process', using a TCP connection on port 127.0.0.1 to
communicate.

Does it mean that we can now debug embedded python with IDLE ?

Thanks for any feedback,

Emmanuel

Miki

Hello Emmanuel,
I've just read in Python 2.5 description that IDLE 'executes code in a
separate process', using a TCP connection on port 127.0.0.1 to
communicate.
This is older than 2.5 (for sure it's in 2.4, can't remember if it was
in 2.3)
Does it mean that we can now debug embedded python with IDLE ?
I don't think so, it just open a new "python.exe" process and
communicates with it via TCP.

HTH,
Miki
http://pythonwise.blogspot.com/