Python IDLE

Steve DeMicoli

Dear Sir, Madame,

I am having trouble starting up IDLE.

I have found threads with similar stories, however I haven't managed to solve mine.

basically:

I have installed both python 2.7 and python 3 on windows 7
both IDLEs used to work
tried running program in command bar and still nothing
tried making exception from anti-virus computer. ( i am using AVG)
no errors come up, program just doesn't start.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Steve

The information in this email and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender immediately using the sender email address and delete this email. You should notread or copy this e-mail, use it for any purpose, disseminate it or disclose its contents to any other person. Note that any possible personal viewsor opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of DeMicoli & Associates as this may be contrary to the firm policy and outside the scope of the employment of the individual concerned. DeMicoli & Associates will not accept any liability in respect of such communication.
Although DeMicoli & Associates has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the firm cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments. Moreover, communication via email over the internet is not secure and messages may be read, manipulated or otherwise compromised by unknown third parties. DeMicoli & Associates does not accept any responsibility for the correctness and completeness of the transfer of information contained in such communication nor for any delay of receipt.

Rick Johnson

Dear Sir, Madame,

[...message body removed for fear of legal reprisals...]

[...]

I just love when people send "private" messages to *public* newsgroups, and then have the audacity to include a legal statement asking us to keep the message private. You folks really have a sense of humor.

Steven D'Aprano

Dear Sir, Madame,

I am having trouble starting up IDLE.

You say below that "both" IDLE's used to work. So what have you done to
change the situation? What's different?

I have found threads with similar stories, however I haven't managed to
solve mine.

basically:

I have installed both python 2.7 and python 3 on windows 7 both IDLEs
used to work

Great! Then you know that you can have both Python 2.7 and Python 3
running IDLE on Windows 7 successfully.

tried running program in command bar and still nothing

What do you mean? Can you explain *precisely* what you did, and what
happened? E.g.

"I clicked on the Start Menu, then clicked on X, then clicked on Y, then
the computer went dark and turned off"

.... or something.

I see from your email disclaimer that you are emailing from a company.
Does your company have a Windows system administrator? If so, perhaps he
or she could shed some light on what's going on? (I don't use Windows, so
I'm a little lost myself.)

Good luck!