iframe with anchor on page load

Joined
Oct 17, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I have been searching the internet for some time and cannot seem to find an answer to this, I have seen some similar questions but none that really answered mine.

I have a index page written in html that brings up a frame for content, the index just contains the top and bottom, all of the frame pages contain the header/body tag of

<head>

<title>Welcome to Paradigm System Solutions Inc.</title>
<link href="style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
<script language="JavaScript" type="text/JavaScript">
function load_content () {
if (parent.document.getElementById('main_div')) {
parent.document.getElementById('main_div').innerHTML=document.getElementById('inner_frame').innerHTML;
}
if (!parent.document.getElementById('main_div')) {
window.location=('index.html') ;
</script>
</head>

Because of the load_content from my understanding I cannot use the hash command to go to an anchor on the iframe page. Also, whenever I link to a new frame I have to use the target cont, so my hyperlinks look like this - a href="iframe_av0.html" target="cont" so I can't just use the target, and it doesn't work if I use the #video after the .html tag either, ie: a href="iframe_av0.html#video target="cont" I already tried that.

Like when they click a link to go to a new iframe, have the page shoot down to the bottom where a video that they clicked on is going to be loading..

The site I am working on is here - http://pssid.com and if you go to any vertical and click on toughbooks and then click on one of the toughbooks and then click on services and warranties at the top with the other links, you will see there is a lot of videos and they all have new iframe html pages (maybe that was the wrong way to set those up in the first place) when they click on any video right now it just sits on the page but the video still loads at the bottom and they have to scroll down and click play, I want to make it go right to the anchor when they click on a video but I also need the video to change so that means a new frame page too.

Any help would be awesome.

Last edited: