iFRame

Techdesk

Having trouble with several websites that do not display anything but a blank page.
Investigation of the source shows that somehow the following line gets inserted into the HTML of the page and since xx does not exist we get a blank page:

<iframe src='xx' width=0 height=0>

Anyone know where this might be coming from?
Browser does not seem to matter, both Firefox and IExplorer do the same. Strangely enough the www.google.com site always works OK but for example www.kingston.com regularly shows this problem.
We did several spyware scans on the system but nothing more that a bunch of tracking cookies.

This baffles me completely, any help is appreciated.

P.

Harlan Messinger

Techdesk said:
Having trouble with several websites that do not display anything but a blank page.
Investigation of the source shows that somehow the following line gets inserted into the HTML of the page and since xx does not exist we get a blank page:

<iframe src='xx' width=0 height=0>

Anyone know where this might be coming from?

A Google search on

"iframe src='xx' width=0 height=0"

yields four pages in Chinese referring to something called zxarps. A
Google search on zxarps reveals it to be a Chinese hacking tool.

http://www.teamfurry.com/wordpress/2007/08/29/zxarps/

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Techdesk said:
Having trouble with several websites that do not display anything but
a blank page. Investigation of the source shows that somehow the
following line gets inserted into the HTML of the page and since xx
does not exist we get a blank page:

<iframe src='xx' width=0 height=0>

Anyone know where this might be coming from? Browser does not seem to
matter, both Firefox and IExplorer do the same. Strangely enough the
www.google.com site always works OK but for example www.kingston.com
regularly shows this problem. We did several spyware scans on the
system but nothing more that a bunch of tracking cookies.

Something else is amiss. There is no <iframe.. at the kingston.com site,
at least not on the main page.

Try this: http://superantispyware.com/
It's free for home use.