IIS 5 hangs with Error Code HTTP Error 500-13 - Server too busy

Bernd Bugomir

Hi out there,

our Webserver stops working with 'HTTP Error 500-13 -
Server too busy'.
The Server has at this time over 3000 connections, but
the Server isn't busy at all.

(The IIS runs with W2K and SP3).
Has anybody an idea?

TIA

Bernd

Mark Schupp

If I understand that error correctly it means that there are too many
concurrent HTTP connections for the server to manage. There may be some
tuning parameters to expand the number of available connections if the
server load is not too high but you should check to see if the ASP requests
are completing in a timely manner. Look at the asp request queue length and
request execution times.