IIS 5

Guest

Hi all,

does IIS 5.0 support the ASP.NET pages?
I tried to load a file .aspx, but this tag:
<asp:Label runat="server" id="Messaggio" />

does not produce any output.

Cheers,
Pierre Blanc

http://www.teutoburgo.tk
Teutoburgo - A forest to navigate

http://www.site-map.tk
Site Map Generator

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=F6ran_Andersson?=

Yes it does, it .NET framework is installed on the server.

Hans Kesting

Hi all,
does IIS 5.0 support the ASP.NET pages?
I tried to load a file .aspx, but this tag:
<asp:Label runat="server" id="Messaggio" />

does not produce any output.

Cheers,
Pierre Blanc

IIS 5 *can* handle asp.net, if configured correctly.

Do you see that <asp:Label> when you do a "view souce" in the browser?
Then the aspx page is not processed but just served "as is".
By the way, the URL shown should be something like "http://..." and not
"file:..." (If it's "file", then you are not using IIS).

Is the .net framework installed on your server? It needs to be to know
about asp.net. If IIS is already installed when you install the
framework, then IIS should be configured properly.
Else try running "aspnet_regiis -i" from the Visual Studio Command
Prompt (or from the directory where the framework is installed:
C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\<version>)

Hans Kesting

Guest

Hans Kesting ha scritto:
Else try running "aspnet_regiis -i" from the Visual Studio Command
Prompt (or from the directory where the framework is installed:
C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\<version>)

Hans Kesting

Yes! I runned "aspnet_regiis -i" and now the page is compiled properly.
Thank you!