ASP.NET and IIS 5/6 ?

Don Wash

Hi There!

I tried to execute ASP.NET pages (aspx) in IIS 5 and they are not executing.
Instead they are sent to client "as-is", meaning all the code in the ASP.NET
pages can be viewed by viewing the source of the page.

So I thought .NET is not supported in IIS 5, and I tried to use the ASP.NET
pages with IIS 6. Still the results are the same.

What do I need to do to IIS so that it can serve and execute ASP.NET pages
on the server?

Thanks all in advance!

Don

Don Wash

Hi Ken!

Thanks for the reply. I just want to confirm that ASP.NET is only excutable
on IIS6 and not IIS5 (provided I have installed ASP.NET and the .NET
Framework on the machine)?

Thanks again,
Don

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Hi Don,

ASP.NET runs on both II6 and IIS5. The difference is that out of the box,
IIS6 won't work on Windows 2003 until you go in and enable it.

Ken

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\) [MVP]

ASP.NET runs on both 5 and 6, so there is no issue there. Try running

aspnet_regiis -i

This should reset ASP.NET for IIS on the machine. Ken has some further
suggestions, which you have already read through, it appears.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!

Don Wash

Hi Ken!

Thanks for your help! ASPX is now working on IIS5. How to enable it in IIS6?
I've already done the re-mapping on 2003.

Cheers,
Don

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Hi Don,

Run the Manage Your Server Wizard and choose Application Server. It should
ask you if you want ASP.NET to run.

Ken