    I don't even know where to start looking for this. This is on
    Windows XP SP2 so IIS 5.1

    Ta

    foldface, Sep 30, 2005

  2. foldface

    Raul Macias Guest

    so, are folder1 and folder2 under the same virtual directory? try using
    absolute paths just to test; if it works then you can narrow the possible
    causes of the problem.

    Raul Macias, Sep 30, 2005

  3. foldface

    foldface Guest

    Pardon the hazy answer but on the system in question (it doesn't always
    happen) their passing through some kind of address mapping process.
    Hence its not really feasible to use absolute address' like
    http://whatever:80/lalala, however there was a similiar problem a small
    while ago which using the ~/ form of address rather than the default
    .../.. style of visual studio (usercontrols holding user controls)
    solved.
    I gather on this system the security is tighter than on other
    systems.
    One problem is that even if I narrowed down the possible reasons I
    would still be none the wiser unless an IIS expert happened to read
    this.

    foldface, Oct 1, 2005