IIS getting directory paths incorrect

foldface

Hi
Anyone ever seen a case where IIS (I assume) gets the paths wrong
for an application, e.g.

- Page 1 holds an IFrame which in turn holds folder1/page2
- folder1/Page2 wants to load ~/folder2/b/c.ascx in the aspx file but
according to the IIS log its trying to load /folder1/folder2/b/c.ascx.
Even stranger if you then
'touch' a file anywhere in the virtual directory it gets the
path right on a refresh?

I don't even know where to start looking for this. This is on
Windows XP SP2 so IIS 5.1

Ta

Raul Macias

so, are folder1 and folder2 under the same virtual directory? try using
absolute paths just to test; if it works then you can narrow the possible
causes of the problem.

foldface

Pardon the hazy answer but on the system in question (it doesn't always
happen) their passing through some kind of address mapping process.
Hence its not really feasible to use absolute address' like
http://whatever:80/lalala, however there was a similiar problem a small
while ago which using the ~/ form of address rather than the default
.../.. style of visual studio (usercontrols holding user controls)
solved.
I gather on this system the security is tighter than on other
systems.
One problem is that even if I narrowed down the possible reasons I
would still be none the wiser unless an IIS expert happened to read
this.