Breakpoints are not getting hit in ASP.NET (C#) project

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by MSK, May 2, 2006.

  1. MSK

    MSK Guest

    Hi,

    Continued to my earlier post regaring "Breakpoints are not getting hit"
    , I have comeup with more input this time.. Kindly give me some idea.

    I am a newbie to .NET, recently I installed .NET. I could not debug
    using breakpoints,

    breakpoints are not getting hit, but the application is working fine
    with out any issue.

    If I press F5 or Start Application is working fine. "Start without
    debugging" is also

    working fine. But the breakpoints are not getting hit by the process. I
    am not getting any

    error.

    It would be grateful if you give me a solution for this issue.

    I created a sample web (ASP.NET -default) application and put a
    breakpoint in the page load

    event and executed but still break points are not hit.

    I have given my settings below...

    IN VS.NET
    1. Web.config debug=true

    2. Solution Configuration = Debug Solution--> Properties--> Common
    Properties-->Debug

    Symbol Files -- --Is blank - Is it OK?

    3. Project--> Properties--> Configuration--> Build--> Generate
    Debugging ----Information is

    checked

    4. Project-->Properties-->Configuration--> Debug--> ASP.NET debugging
    ----True

    5. I am getting the following error while debugging any newly created
    project (C#, ASP.NET)
    To avoid this error I am doing the following.

    "Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the
    web server"

    Project-->Properties-->Configuration Properties --> Debugging -->
    Enable SQL Debugging.
    After this I am not getting this error message for current project. By
    default "Enable

    ASP.NET debugging" set as "True"

    6. Breakpoints are available in the breakpoint window (I just checked
    in run mode via

    Debug-->Windows-->Breakpoints)

    7. I tried to attach manually I got this error "Unable to attach to the
    process"
    · Very first time there was nothing selected in the "choose the
    program type that you want

    To debug:" dialog
    · I have selected "Common language Runtime" and clicked "Ok"
    · I got this error "Unable to attach to the process"
    · But next time I opened the same dialog, "Common language
    runtime" has been selected but I

    Got the same error while clicking "Ok"

    8. I can see the following line in the output window when the
    application running
    "Auto-attach to process '[2684] aspnet_wp.exe' on machine XXXXX
    succeeded."

    9. PDB - File is available, I can see the .pdb file in the bin
    folder, (dll/exe/pdb -

    modified dates are same)

    10. I have tried with so many break points in different places.

    11. I have IIS, and SQL server in the same laptop

    12. User and PC details
    · Windows XP + SP2
    · IIS 5.1
    · Login as local administer
    · This user is part of "Debugger Programmers"

    In IIS

    1. IIS--> Application-->Configuration--> Debugging-->Enable ASP Server
    side debugging-----

    is checked

    2. IIS--> Application-->Directory Security--> Enable anonymous and
    integrated windows

    authentication are both checked

    It would be grateful if you give any idea. Many thanks.

    Regards
    MSK.

    MSK, May 2, 2006

  2. MSK

    sa Guest

    Hi,

    Check Machine Debug Manager is working.
    If it works try to restart and try again.

    And you may check this document.
    http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/csharp/learn/whitepapers/howtosolvedebuggerproblems.doc

    Regards,
    Salim

    sa, May 2, 2006

  3. MSK

    MSK Guest

    Salim

    Thanks,I have posted another query regarding this (ASP.NET version)

    It would be nice if you give me some idea

    Thanks

    MSK.

    MSK, May 7, 2006
  4. MSK

    sreeniv09

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    if this helps , in case you are in VS2003 PLS make sure all the browsers are closed and then do the debugging. For other version try removing all temporary files and then debug It works for me

    sreeniv09, Jan 2, 2012