The Breakpoint will not currently be hit. No Symbols have been loaded for this document.

Peter Afonin

Hello,

I'm working with VS 2008 on Vista Ultimate 32 bit.

When I try to debug my ASP.NET project, the breakpoints are not hit. The
message is:

"The Breakpoint will not currently be hit. No Symbols have been loaded for
this document."

I've found many discussions on this subject, so I've tried many things,
nothing worked. I've tried to delete /bin and /obj folders, compile in the
release mode then recompile in debug mode, checked the project properties
and several other suggestions. Some posts mention checking the Module window
under Debug menu, but I cannot find this window in VS 2008.

Some things to consider:

1. I have several projects on the same PC, only one has this issue.

2. The solution has only one project.

3. I'm debugging the server-side VB.NET code. Of course I'm using the debug
mode, and Web.config is configured for debugging.

4. This is a very old VB.NET project written for .NET 1.1. It even doesn't
have separate code pages, only .aspx. I imported it in VS 2008 and converted
to use .NET 3.5. And it works fine, only debugging doesn't.

I would appreciate any suggestions on this. I think the problem is related
to the fact that this project had been converted form .Net 1.1, but I don't
know how to fix this.

Thank you.

Hillbilly

I've had this problem lately. When I deleted all of the cached folders and
files the problem stopped. Note the folders and files are temporary anyway
and will just be reconstructed anew with "good" data.

//close VS2008 and delete everything under this path. You may have to reboot
to delete from time to time...
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files

Peter Afonin

Thank you.

Are you saying that you had deleted everything in this folder:

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files?