IllegalAccessError with axis and wsse

Hillel

Hello,

Complete java newbie here. I am trying to set up a client for the web
service described at:
https://thefinder.tax.ohio.gov/StreamlineSalesTaxWeb/WebService/About.aspx

I am using JDK 1.4.2 on AIX 5.3. I downloaded the axis 1.4 and axis-
wsse 1.0 packages,
and all included jar files are in the CLASSPATH.

Right now I am just trying to get the sample "TestClient.java" program
provided on the above web page to work. So far, everything seems to
compile ok. However, trying to run the TestClient program produces
the error:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalAccessError:
net.vitale.filippo.axis
..handlers.WsseClientHandler tried to access field org/apache/axis/
handlers/Basic
Handler.log from class
at
net.vitale.filippo.axis.handlers.WsseClientHandler.invoke(WsseClientH
andler.java:92)
at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:
121)
at
gov.ohio.tax.thefinder.OHFinderService.OHFinderServiceSoapStub.getOHS
alesTaxByZipCode(OHFinderServiceSoapStub.java:272)
at TestClient.main(TestClient.java:13)

Anyone out there familiar with setting up axis and logging? What is
the trick I am missing here? I am not running an application server,
just trying to set up a client for a remote web service.

Thanks.
---Hillel

Hillel

OK, a little more information here. The WsseClientHandler instance is
blowing up with entries starting with "log.default". It assumes that
it must be a method defined in the BasicHandler class which
WsseClientHandler extends. How do I set up a "log" object in my main
program so that the WsseClientHandler object later can use the
"log.default" mehtod?

Hillel

OK, a little more information here. The WsseClientHandler instance is
blowing up with entries starting with "log.default". It assumes that
it must be a method defined in the BasicHandler class which
WsseClientHandler extends. How do I set up a "log" object in my main
program so that the WsseClientHandler object later can use the
"log.default" mehtod?

Oops. I meant "log.debug", not "log.default".