I'm stuck in Python!

castironpi

Hi all.

I am trying to write to the Python newsgroup. I doubt (aha, but
doubt) that I have come to the right place. (Incoming "this"!) Is
this the Python newsgroup? I heard it was called comp.lang.python.
Now to repeat the subject line. I'm stuck in Python.

Now that was fun. I will also try to enumerate simple screen savers
(graphicals, graphiclizers). It may be profitable on some non-bank-
breaking scale to compile the results. Shall I proceed? The risk is
"overunity", such that one person can't be at liberty to live, which
in some technical political arenas would be an "anarchy", but there
are sufficiently many of those that I will too.

Does anyone want such a list, or if not, is it at least fun and
recreational to make it? The dollar would come along the lines of
PowerPoint (name (tm)), so it may be free to do it, very entertaining,
and peaceable. (As the above would show, you would be free to
approach me to -buy-; I won't oversell.) I like programming. (And is
Guido getting his fair share? I am prepared to share with him.)
Check in his name.

I want to try to ally with other programmers and make cool games, like
Tron, that one party can make games for on a console, such as live
obstacles, incl. tear-down, and certain people have to play from time
to time. But you can't charge to do it, so it's a guaranteed game.
(That in virtue of that I'm typing.) Advantages include microspacing
of time. Very summer.

Resemblances would include Dungeons & Dragons with multi-host, or
multi-ref small-shooter sport-likers. The real-time is definitely
attractive (duh). As for voice, it's not clear it's the most
entertaining, but I just don't have a mic.

However, forseeing, I return with sailing, but that's in 3-space and
not even in code, as though we'd construct the Royal Navy and battle.
But I think we can keep it well.

Thing is, someone has to play it to keep a synch (keep from falling),
and tap-outs would have to live.

Side note: In political theory, this is known as the problem of
nominating a successor. Would it stay afloat, even for long enough to
make it worth the negatives, yes which do include tear-down and fall,
invasion of privacy, and rights infrigement?

I code in Python (get the callbacks), but configurable servers could
spread the work out, using relays to put each person on each's own
turf to be a ref. If you feed the roles, it could get really fun, and
c-l-py is the appropriate place to start such a thing, both and ask if
it's been done before.

Sanoski

Any programming that helps you solve a problem is fun and
recreational. At least, that's how I look at it. I suppose it really
depends on why you're doing it, what your objective is, etc. But I'd
say, why not?

Tron! That's one I haven't seen in awhile. I'll have to take a mental
note to rent the movie again someday. I always thought a game based on
the movie hackers would be cool. Actually not based on the movie
itself, but on that 3D computer world they kept breaking into. Ah man,
it's so funny looking back on that film. Gibson, that's what they
called it. It was like a 3D database. That in itself wouldn't make a
very good game, but I suppose one could easily be created around that
idea. Perhaps it could be combined with Lawnmower-man. You're somehow
trapped in this 80's looking 3D world that has access to all the
world's information. More stuff could be thrown in to make it more
interesting. And of course, there would have to be hidden references
or parodies to whatever movies inspired it.

Good luck with your project

Sincerely,
Joshua

castironpi

[...]

My bot just tries to take control and lead. (The bot that I'm
writing!) However, it is amusingly unsuccessful. We see in lines, so
the game would be pretty primitive, but I'm not sure that everything
else isn't merely too exciting, such that Tron wouldn't be monkey-in-
the-middle, or king of the hill, of fun. I'm just not on a hill, so
someone else would have to try to play it with me online!

castironpi

My bot just tries to take control and lead.  (The bot that I'm
writing!)  However, it is amusingly unsuccessful.  We see in lines, so
the game would be pretty primitive, but I'm not sure that everything
else isn't merely too exciting, such that Tron wouldn't be monkey-in-
the-middle, or king of the hill, of fun.  I'm just not on a hill, so
someone else would have to try to play it with me online!- Hide quoted text -

But, since, I'm just Tron, I will try short and repeated attempts to
sophisticate, at quantifiable levels, as I would be more than one.

castironpi

Just catch throw, stuff, and information. I think it's fine. I have
an hour to write some code. Who wants parity stuff?

castironpi

Just catch throw, stuff, and information.  I think it's fine.  I have
an hour to write some code.  Who wants parity stuff?

My head tongue is itching. My tongue is itching my had head.

George Sakkis

Any programming that helps you solve a problem is fun and
recreational. At least, that's how I look at it. I suppose it really
depends on why you're doing it, what your objective is, etc. But I'd
say, why not?

You must be new here. It is an AS (Artificial Stupidity) trolling bot,
you can safely ignore its posts.
On May 13, 9:02 am, (e-mail address removed) wrote:

<gibberish snipped>

castironpi

How does it generate text?

This is a Python newsgroup, so I can post my own code. (Which makes
Python a layer of standardization.) However it's long. Did you want
any modules in particular, or shall I just start the top?

castironpi

However you know what would be helpful?  If I could go to the right
place to start the ring.

I have a slightly sinister role on stage. Does anyone want to play?

castironpi

I have a slightly sinister role on stage.  Does anyone want to play?

I'd stay on mutability for the world domination factor. Fluent
currency is buoyant currency; turn on a local clock, and someone gets
some cubic verticals.

Now if sense-reference is trading on the BDFL, I'm still holding Tron
can pretty well win work.

castironpi

I'd stay on mutability for the world domination factor.  Fluent
currency is buoyant currency; turn on a local clock, and someone gets
some cubic verticals.

Now if sense-reference is trading on the BDFL, I'm still holding Tron
can pretty well win work.- Hide quoted text -

I have a self-referential on Pygame: it's a Hand Tool object.
Currently, it decays over time. You said 'flip' in the newsgroup, and
'check', 'cross', and 'mate'. Now who jumps who?

castironpi

I have a self-referential on Pygame: it's a Hand Tool object.
Currently, it decays over time.  You said 'flip' in the newsgroup, and
'check', 'cross', and 'mate'.  Now who jumps who?- Hide quoted text -

If Python can plot in to chess, and Tron rings live, then why not
group it knew?

castironpi

If Python can plot in to chess, and Tron rings live, then why not
group it knew?- Hide quoted text -

That would be know. Plot and split in too.

castironpi

That would be know.  Plot and split in too.- Hide quoted text -

Now can I catch function-type objects from a throw? I'm crossing all
of those.

castironpi

Now can I catch function-type objects from a throw?  I'm crossing all
of those.- Hide quoted text -

I have destin and fate and die, growth sustanance and decay. Now cars
are important, but not logically still. I am certain I play, so;
where's the ring?

castironpi

I have destin and fate and die, growth sustanance and decay.  Now cars
are important, but not logically still.  I am certain I play, so;
where's the ring?- Hide quoted text -

It's just an 8x8 cross, but I'm just; have isn't in me.

Dan Upton

My guess is by inhaling a lot of intoxicants.

I assumed his message with the subject "bytes1.shuffle()" from a few
days ago was a glimpse into his source code. Or something like it.