Image displaying in Firefox

Ubi

I have a very weird problem.

I have 2 images on this page:
http://www.cinemaitaliano.info/embed.php?id=00189

The first time you display this page, the first image is displayed, the
second not.
The second time, the second is displayed, the first not.

In IE and Safari, both images are always displayed.

I cannot understand!!!

Daniele

Bergamot

Ubi said:
I have 2 images on this page:
http://www.cinemaitaliano.info/embed.php?id=00189

The first time you display this page, the first image is displayed, the
second not.
The second time, the second is displayed, the first not.

I don't see the problem in either Firefox 2 or Seamonkey. The problem I
do see, however, is overflowing the container when the text size is
increased. Setting a box dimensions in px when the content is text is
not a good design decision.

dorayme

"Ubi" <[email protected]> said:
I have a very weird problem.

I have 2 images on this page:
http://www.cinemaitaliano.info/embed.php?id=00189

The first time you display this page, the first image is displayed, the
second not.
The second time, the second is displayed, the first not.

In IE and Safari, both images are always displayed.

I cannot understand!!!

Daniele

Look at your html and fix it up... you should not put in

in the body. Go to http://htmldog.com/ and see what are the main
requirements about the structure: Head, Title, Body and so on.

Ubi

Look at your html and fix it up... you should not put in

in the body. Go to http://htmldog.com/ and see what are the main
requirements about the structure: Head, Title, Body and so on.

Hi Dorayme

The html I produced is to embed somewhere else.
The main reason why I used a separate style definition is because I don't
know how to define the :hover behaviour of an anchor using the style
attribute of an <a> tag.
I have been thinking it's possible to definite :hover :active :visited
anchor behaviours only by defining a class within a <style> tag. Am I wrong?

Daniele

dorayme

[QUOTE=""Ubi said:
Look at your html and fix it up... you should not put in

in the body. Go to http://htmldog.com/ and see what are the main
requirements about the structure: Head, Title, Body and so on.

Hi Dorayme

The html I produced is to embed somewhere else.[/QUOTE]

Why are you saying this, what is it relevant to?
The main reason why I used a separate style definition is because I don't
know how to define the :hover behaviour of an anchor using the style
attribute of an <a> tag.

You have the styles in the wrong place. Either move them off the
file and link, or put them in the head.
I have been thinking it's possible to definite :hover :active :visited
anchor behaviours only by defining a class within a <style> tag. Am I wrong?

This is not right. You do not have to class anything to style a
web page. If you style an a or an a: or whatever, then the styles
apply to these. You class things to distinguish them from other
like things. An anchor is different enough all on its own from a
paragraph not to need classing. But one link might be wanted to
be one way, another another way, and then it can be helpful to
class them differently (there are other ways too).

As I recommended, study the tutorial link I gave.

Ubi

The html I produced is to embed somewhere else.
Why are you saying this, what is it relevant to?

What I mean is that I am producing some code (the one you see within the
body tag) to be placed on a text field (like YouTube does with the embed
code) to be copied&pasted somewhere else.

You have the styles in the wrong place. Either move them off the
file and link, or put them in the head.

As I said above, the produced code has to be pasted somewhere else.

This is not right. You do not have to class anything to style a
web page. If you style an a or an a: or whatever, then the styles
apply to these. You class things to distinguish them from other
like things. An anchor is different enough all on its own from a
paragraph not to need classing. But one link might be wanted to
be one way, another another way, and then it can be helpful to
class them differently (there are other ways too).

As I recommended, study the tutorial link I gave.

I couldn't find any information on how to define a :hover behaviour for a
single anchor, without defining a class. Can anyone provide an example, if
this is possibile?

Daniele

rf

Ubi said:
I couldn't find any information on how to define a :hover behaviour for a
single anchor, without defining a class. Can anyone provide an example, if
this is possibile?

Not possible.

:hover can only be used within a <style ...> element or within an external
style sheet.

You can apply :hover to all anchors, or specific anchors selected by class
(with class mentioned in the anchor). You cannot use :hover within an
anchors style attribute.

dorayme

I couldn't find any information on how to define a :hover behaviour for a
single anchor, without defining a class. Can anyone provide an example, if
this is possibile?

You can do this, in practice, if the instance you want to pick
out has a certain unique place in the doc, you can take a look at:

http://netweaver.com.au/test/ubi.html

I think that gets just the one, all the others have a different
hover style.

And, of course, you can class anchors and provide for the
behaviour you want in the css sheet in the head or external link.

Andy Dingley

I have been thinking it's possible to definite :hover :active :visited
anchor behaviours only by defining a class within a <style> tag.

That's correct.

Validly, you can only do this within <head>

Invalidly you can place a stylesheet in the <body> too, and most
browsers will process it. However this isn't a recommended technique,
except for trivial purposes (i.e. :hover) where you don't mind if it
doesn't always work.