    release my load?

    Many Thanks

    Dexin

    stonny, Aug 31, 2006

  2. stonny

    mlimber Guest

    See http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/class-libraries.html#faq-37.9
    for some links to libraries.

    Cheers! --M

    mlimber, Aug 31, 2006

  3. stonny

    Phlip Guest

    Probably not, but I would Google for [chaincode OCR open source]. That's
    where such things are typically used. I think I got one of them working,
    once.
    When requesting a web search, always report your experiences with Google, so
    we will know what you couldn't use.

    Phlip, Aug 31, 2006
  4. stonny

    MattB Guest

    Lti-Lib is a free library that has classes for both morphology and edge
    detection (not sure how good). It can be found here:
    http://ltilib.sourceforge.net/doc/homepage/index.shtml

    Regards.

    MattB, Sep 1, 2006
  5. stonny

    sg71.cherub Guest

    openCV, as far as I know, can do many well known image processing
    tasks. e.g. CANNY for edge detection. However, I dont think you want to
    rewrite nearly all the codes...... Can I ask why you want to abandond
    MATLAB?

    sg71.cherub, Sep 1, 2006
  6. stonny

    RKS Guest

    I think Intel IPL is also free download. Not sure if it is opensource.
    You can try OpenGL too. It may be a overkill but I am sure it has most
    of image processing algorithms.
    Anyway in my opinion, new MATLAB alogorithms are way more efficient
    than their previous versions. (Signal processing toolbox for example).
    RKS

    RKS, Sep 1, 2006
  7. stonny

    Phlip Guest

    Input? OpenGL strikes me as a driver for rendered output...

    Phlip, Sep 1, 2006
  8. stonny

    Jerry Coffin Guest

    OpenGL does provide some capabilities that can be used to implement
    image processing. For example, some forms of edge detection are pretty
    easy to implement.

    One good point is that such an implementation tends to be quite fast
    since it runs on dedicated graphics hardware (on a system that has it,
    of course). The bad point is that unless you really need that speed or
    are using OpenGL for other purposes, chances are this is going to be a
    relatively difficult way to do the job. Along with coding the algorithm
    itself, you have to learn all the OpenGL "stuff" that applies -- and
    image processing is rarely (if ever) one of the first topics an OpenGL
    book will cover either.

    Jerry Coffin, Sep 1, 2006
  9. stonny

    Phlip Guest

    Point: I never got past those first topics. ;-)

    Phlip, Sep 1, 2006
  10. stonny

    mlimber Guest

    To make it marketable?
    There are plenty of other places where such things are used besides
    OCR.
    Agreed.

    Cheers! --M

    mlimber, Sep 1, 2006