image processing

edurand

Hi,

We are are pleased to announce the version 3.0 of the image processing
library 'Filters'.
You can use it in Python, and we have provided tutorials and samples
in Python, with for exemple conversion from/to PIL image format.

Have a look at : http://filters.sourceforge.net/

it's open source of course

regards
edurand

Paul Rubin

edurand said:
You can use it in Python, and we have provided tutorials and samples
in Python, with for exemple conversion from/to PIL image format.
Have a look at : http://filters.sourceforge.net/

Looks interesting, however the example screen shot is shrunk down so
the text on it can't be read. Also there are a bunch of sample
filters with example images, but no explanation at all of what the
filters do. Finally, it keeps mentioning things like "dll" which
suggests this is a Windows library. Is it? Maybe it can be ported to
other OS's or maybe it's already multi-platform, but the web site
should make the situation clear either way.

edurand

Looks interesting, however the example screen shot is shrunk down so
the text on it can't be read. Also there are a bunch of sample
filters with example images, but no explanation at all of what the
filters do. Finally, it keeps mentioning things like "dll" which
suggests this is a Windows library. Is it? Maybe it can be ported to
other OS's or maybe it's already multi-platform, but the web site
should make the situation clear either way.

It's a DLL, so yes, it run on Windows.
If someone would like to port it on other OS, why not.
To test it, you can download the software 'FiltersTest', for Windows
of course

Gabriel Genellina

It's a DLL, so yes, it run on Windows.
If someone would like to port it on other OS, why not.

Could you please update the project attributes then? Operating System,
Language... They appear not to have the right values.

Claudio Grondi

edurand said:
Hi,

We are are pleased to announce the version 3.0 of the image processing
library 'Filters'.
You can use it in Python, and we have provided tutorials and samples
in Python, with for exemple conversion from/to PIL image format.

Have a look at : http://filters.sourceforge.net/

it's open source of course

regards
edurand
In the context of this posting it would be interesting for me (and maybe
also to others) to know:

What was the actual motivation behind the project?

What are other image processing packages missing, that is worth to be
covered by a separate package?

(i.e. I checked http://filters.sourceforge.net/ out, but haven't yet
found the mentioned questions answered )

Claudio Grondi

edurand

Could you please update the project attributes then? Operating System,
Language... They appear not to have the right values.

You are right. I have changed "Operating System" to "All 32-bit MS
Windows (95/98/NT/2000/XP)".
For the "Programming Language", we don't have to change anything,
because Filters can be used in C, C++, C#, Delphi, Java, Python, .NET

Thanks for your comment
Emmanuel Durand