Image show with javascript

ABC

I am a total newbie to javascript. I have only done Frontpage.

I am trying to do a page of image show----I only managed to find a
javascript to create pop up windows for the chosen image. Almost good
but I want better.
http://www.fontstuff.com/frontpage/fptut17.htm

I want the viewer to lick on the text word in the main page and the
corresponding image will show in the iframe instantly, (or text in the
frame and image on the main page). It will be about 30 images so I
will need to download them all first.

I cannot find any javascript to allow control of the frame from the
main page, or the main page from the frame. Please help.

main page=main.htm
image=image.htm
text=text1, text2,...
image =pic1, pic2...

ABC
Do not reply by email. Replay to NG

Lee

ABC said:
I want the viewer to lick on the text word in the main page and the
corresponding image will show in the iframe instantly, (or text in the
frame and image on the main page).

I have *got* to start making an effort to keep up with accessibility options.

Dag Sunde

Lee said:
ABC said:

I have *got* to start making an effort to keep up with accessibility options.

Agree!

This opens up for a completely new user experience...

LOL!

McKirahan

ABC said:
I am a total newbie to javascript. I have only done Frontpage.

I am trying to do a page of image show----I only managed to find a
javascript to create pop up windows for the chosen image. Almost good
but I want better.
http://www.fontstuff.com/frontpage/fptut17.htm

I want the viewer to lick on the text word in the main page and the
corresponding image will show in the iframe instantly, (or text in the
frame and image on the main page). It will be about 30 images so I
will need to download them all first.

I cannot find any javascript to allow control of the frame from the
main page, or the main page from the frame. Please help.

main page=main.htm
image=image.htm
text=text1, text2,...
image =pic1, pic2...

ABC
Do not reply by email. Replay to NG

"I want the viewer to lick ..." -- so would I!

Will this help? Watch for word-wrap.

<head>
<title>iframed.htm</title>
<script type="text/javascript">
var pix = new Array();
pix[0] = "http://www.fontstuff.com/images/fptut17a_small.jpg";
pix[1] = "http://www.fontstuff.com/images/fptut17b_small.jpg";
pix[2] = "http://www.fontstuff.com/images/fptut17c_small.jpg";
function pic(t) {
document.all.i.src = pix[t];
}
</script>
</head>
<center>
<iframe name="i" align="center"
frameborder="0" scrolling="no"
marginwidth="0" marginheight="0"
style="width:150; height:112"></iframe>
<sup><a href="http://www.fontstuff.com/frontpage/fptut17.htm"
target="_blank">Making a Browser Window Fit an Image</a></sup>
<center>

Martin Honnen

McKirahan wrote:

If you want to script frames across browsers you would better use
window.frames.i.location.href = ...

<iframe name="i" align="center"
frameborder="0" scrolling="no"
marginwidth="0" marginheight="0"
style="width:150; height:112"></iframe>

What is the script good for, why not simply use links e.g.
target="i">Picture 1</a>
?

McKirahan

Martin Honnen said:
McKirahan wrote:

If you want to script frames across browsers you would better use
window.frames.i.location.href = ...

Both work in IE5.5 and FF1.0.
Neither works in NS6.2 and Opera6.1 (for me).
What is the script good for, why not simply use links e.g.
target="i">Picture 1</a>
?

Excellent and it works in my 4 browsers!

One thing I didn't do was preload the images per:

"It will be about 30 images so I will need to download them all first."

ABC

Agree!

This opens up for a completely new user experience...
Yeah . Very funny about the typo. But that is actually possible.....

Do you have a script to help?

ABC
Do not reply by email. Replay to NG

ABC

Thanks very much. but I am totally new to javascript. Can you please
explain which is the bit to put in the main page to control the frame.
I supoose the one you wrote was for the frame page.

Where is the reference to the text1,text2...? I want the viewer to
click text1 and see pic1 in the frame, click text2 and the frame will
instantly change to pic2.

Thanks