    display, the image would still just appear once without repeating or tiling,
    or having any blank space to the right of it.

    is it possible to specify 100% as an image width?

    Lee Harris, Oct 27, 2003

  2. Lee Harris

    David Graham Guest

    You could start by removing the default padding and margin from the body
    element

    body {margin: 0; padding: 0;}

    Then I would put your image in a div as the divs background and colour the
    divs background a colour that complemts the image in the background of the
    div. If the window resolution is very high and/or the window is wide, then
    a bit of the background colour will show - which is better than white.
    Minimise this by having a background image with a very big width. Even so,
    don't forget the no repeat value as this image is not supposed to tile under
    any circumstances.
    HTH
    David

    David Graham, Oct 27, 2003