implementing the TypeVariable interface

transkawa

can anyone demonstrate to me how to implement the TypeVariable<D extends
GenericDeclaration> interface of the java.lang.reflect package?
would really be helpful for me to see an algorithm that implements
getBounds() and getGenericDeclaration(). am in the clouds from reading the
language spec.
xnt
david

markspace

transkawa said:
can anyone demonstrate to me how to implement the TypeVariable<D extends
GenericDeclaration> interface of the java.lang.reflect package?
would really be helpful for me to see an algorithm that implements
getBounds() and getGenericDeclaration(). am in the clouds from reading the
language spec.

I don't think one would implement a TypeVariable. One gets an
implementation from an instance of java.lang.Class.

<http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/reflect/>

Short example:

import static java.lang.System.out;

/** method to list type parameters */
void listTypes( Object o ) {
Class c = o.getClass();
TypeVariable[] tv = c.getTypeParameters();
if (tv.length != 0) {
out.format(" ");
for (TypeVariable t : tv)
out.format("%s ", t.getName());
out.format("%n%n");
} else {
out.format(" -- No Type Parameters --%n%n");

I didn't test that, but most of it I got from that link I gave you. It
should work.