ImportError...pdo and adodbapi

Discussion in 'Python' started by Kathryn, Jul 30, 2004.

  1. Kathryn

    Kathryn Guest

    Hey folks,
    I read this board every day and now I need some help.

    I have a script that imports pdo and adodbapi...I have multiple
    sys.path.appends to define the relevant paths on my local machine and
    a server.
    ex:

    import sys
    #local
    sys.path.append('C:\Python\adodbapi')
    sys.path.append('C:\Python\pdo')
    #server
    sys.path.append('D:\Python\adodbapi')
    sys.path.append('D:\Python\pdo')

    import pdo
    import adodbapi

    This setup works fine on the server, as well as my old local machine.
    Just switched local machines, reinstalled Python, still works fine on
    the server (as it should), but errors out when I run on my local
    machine. Keep in mind the directory structure has not changed.

    Here's the error:
    ImportError: No module named pdo
    ImportError: No module named adodbapi

    Now, if I manually run the setup files for pdo and adodbapi, then run
    my script, it works like a gem.

    Any insight? What am I missing?

    Thanks,
    Kathryn

    Kathryn, Jul 30, 2004

  2. And 'D:\\Python\\... ?

    Michel Claveau, résurectionné d'outre-bombe inform, Jul 30, 2004

  3. Kathryn

    Kathryn Guest

    .....As it turns out:
    (change of / direction) works just fine. Who knows. :)

    Kathryn, Aug 18, 2004