Importing a .pfx certificate & using it in a stand alone java client

Praveen Mohanan

Hi..All,

My client forwarded me a .pfx certificate to be used in my java
client & connect it to their secured website.

How do I import the cert in a keystore? & how do I use the cert in my
stand alone java client.

I am using JDK 1.3.1 (I have downloaded JSSE) & solaris 2.6

Please do let me know the steps required.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

You set the javax.net.ssl.trustStore system property.

Praveen Mohanan

Hi..Tony,

Thanks!!
But is it possible to give me the exact method call?
I am new to this & struggling to get it work.

I searched the net & found that I have to create Keystore etc. Do I
still need that?

Tony Morris

Praveen Mohanan said:
Hi..Tony,

Thanks!!
But is it possible to give me the exact method call?
I am new to this & struggling to get it work.

I searched the net & found that I have to create Keystore etc. Do I still
need that?

A .pfx is a keystore - it is a Microsoft version of PKCS#12.
You set system properties in a number of ways e.g. using the
System.setProperty method, or passing it at VM invocation time using -D