Improve ruby skill

Thiago Massa

I've been into ruby on rails and did some stuff in ruby... but I feel that I
still have much to study. I've used to program in java(and still do) so
mostly my code is a "ruby java", I don't use the good stuff that ruby has to
offer(meta-programming, modules and so on).

As I can already develop stuff, I really feel that developing something is
the way to go. There's probably somebody here(i do hope lol) that have
been/or is in the same situation that I am so I would like some tips on what
to do(something practical).

Maybe some technical book wouldhelpt, but I'm not really interested in
buying a book that is about ruby(already got the pickaxe) but to improve my
programming in general.

Thanks in advance!

Anurag Priyam

Maybe some technical book wouldhelpt, but I'm not really interested in
buying a book that is about ruby(already got the pickaxe) but to improve my
programming in general.

Ruby Best Practices is a very practical book on Ruby. Best part is
that it is free (you can buy one too, to support Gregory Brown's
work). A very good book about programming in general is Kernighan and
Pike's The Practice of Programming.